Musee des Merveilles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Musee des Merveilles! We still have lots of characters available, so grab one! NOTICE:Activity Check #2 is now over. If you lost your character and want it back, please contact an admin.

2 posters

Switzerland's Application

Basch Zwingli
    Basch Zwingli

Switzerland's Application Empty Switzerland's Application

Post  Basch Zwingli Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:52 am

Switzerland App.

I am supposed to post it here right?

Staff Character for Världshistorien

Switzerland's Application 5953336_m

The picture's iffy, but yea.

Full Name: Basch Zwingli. He gets easily irritated when people mispronounce Basch as Vash, which happens quite often, much to his chagrin.

Hometown: He lived in Berne, Switzerland till he was seven. By that time he had moved to Vaduz, Lietchenstein, where his family adopted a little girl, Lili. Which made him more happy than he would show. He is currently spending his holidays in New York to watch over his sister.

Personality: He is a bit of a loner, preferring not to talk to anyone and keeping to himself most times. Has a very short temper and very strict as well, scolding or lashing out at anyone who breaks the rules or his own moral code. He is a very proud man who treasures his honor and dignity and doesn't take kindly to anyone who abuses his, or the people he cares about's, name. He is hard working and won't rest till he's completed a job to the very last detail.

He has a bit of a problem, not so much of a problem than a weird coping mechanism, with admitting things not to his liking. Be it an event, an action, even a person altogether. He will insist he's forgotten about it, or that it has ever existed, denying all proof shown. You could say he only sees what he wants to see. This is only enhanced by his stubbornness.

He has a soft spot for his sister and would do anything for her, caring for her deeply, and is unknowingly overprotective. He hates it when he is called cheap, and denies it, even if that is what he is. He also distrusts anyone he doesn't know well, or has just met and it is very easy to get on his bad side. Though, once you've gotten close enough to him, which is a very tough feat, he'll treat you kindly. Or, at least, as kind as he will get.

He will also randomly pop up at times, often just to yell at someone.

Looks and Appearance: Short, pale blonde hair which hangs, messily, just past his chin and deep, forest green eyes. He wears a dark green coat, a hat of an ivory tint and brown trousers tucked into dark brown military boots when on the job.

His casual wear differs from time to time. Ranging from button up shirts and slacks to t-shirts and jeans. But whatever he wears, he easily gives off an intimidating appearance, the fact that his mouth is constantly tugged down into a deep scowl isn't helping. Neither is the gun, a semi-automatic, Swiss made, SIG P220 pistol, which he keeps strapped to his belt.

He would much rather prefer his hunting rifle, but sadly, it is not allowed on museum premises.

Job: Security guard in Världshistorien. But because he is him, he takes on way to much responsibility and thinks of himself as the security guard for the whole museum, so he can occasionally be seen in different parts of the building. He still manages to do a good enough job though. Somehow.

Job History: From young, he has worked on his family's farm. He was upset when they moved, as all his work on the farm seemed to vanish from his sight. He went to college and got his Bachelors degree and went into banking, saving money bit by bit and eventually becoming very frugal. Later, he came back, with the money he had saved, and bought back the small farm which housed so many of his memories.

Though he denies it, saying it was just for investment purposes.

Because of the frugal trait he developed, although he's spending his time in America as a holiday, Basch took a job at Musee des Merveilles so he could earn back all the money spent on the trip, because of this reason, which he deems shameful, he keeps his job a secret from his sister. Comically, Lili spends most of her time here, and since he would rather her not know of his reasons for the job, he ends up hiding from her view; dodging behind walls, diving under tables, hiding behind curtains, etc.

Also, because of his temper, he is known to discharge his weapon (But he hasn't killed anyone! But has come close...very close...), even just to scare kids into not making noise. Because of this, he gets in trouble frequently. Though somehow, has avoided prison.

Fears: He doesn't fear much, other than something hurting his sister. And, because of a certain incident in his past, he's scared of someone close betraying him, this is also the reason for his distrustful and anti-social personality.

History (Added this because I thought I should elaborate): Before they adopted Lili, Basch often spent time with an Austrian neighbor (who's name he insists slipped his mind), the two went to school together, played together, and were quickly best friends. His neighbor was very weak at the time (he doesn't, and doesn't want to, know if he's any different now), and he often had to bail him out of fights. He even taught him self defense. One day though, his friend decided to move and didn't tell him a word of it. This subject is a sensitive one which, if asked, he will deny existed. And the neighbour, well, he has forgotten the subject entirely.

Other: He likes reading and silence. Prefers calm surroundings and hates anything too loud. Back home, in Switzerland, on his tiny farm, he owns three goats. And even if he wont admit it, he's quite fond of chocolate. And he likes cheese. Very much.

Oh, and he keeps his rifle under his bed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    About you

Nickname/Name: Katrina or Kat, my sister calls me Annie though... (She's also here, though I don't know if you've accepted her or not.)

Timezone: GMT+8 But I stay up late on the weekends and holidays so don't be surprised if I'm here even though it would be six a.m. where I live... (every other week only)

What should not be in the rules?: The translation of the museums name~! :D

Other: Eto, the neighbour may or may not be Roderich, it will depend on what the Roderich-to-be wants... o3o So yay~! And I debated whether or not to use Vash or Basch, but seeing as Basch was more accurate, I used it instead. It basically has the same pronouncation... so nothing that different... And the Lili here told me to join. So yay? ^-^;;;
    Arista Karpusi
    Arista Karpusi
    Admin

Switzerland's Application Empty Re: Switzerland's Application

Post  Arista Karpusi Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:00 am

Accepted dearie! Please change your name to match that of your character's and begin posting.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:36 pm